We used iPads to find out about the Census. Our families will be filling in the forms on Sunday 24th April. It happens every 5 years. We weren’t even in school when the census was done in 2011.
Why do we do the Census? What information is collected?
We will find out about
– the amount of people in Ireland,
– the age of the population,
– where and what people work at,
– how people travel to work, school and college,
– languages spoken,
– types of houses that people live in
– and lots more.
This will help the government to plan for the future.
Have a look at your form at home and see for yourself!